During the last meeting in Xanten in January 2007 it was decided to start a process of re-establishing both species-oriented and topic-oriented working groups. Because not all members were present in Xanten, people interested to form such groups or to become an active members are invited to read the starting document drafted by Tony Fox and Preben Clausen proposing this new GSG structure, and to mail their interests and ideas to the Chairman Bart.Ebbinge@wur.nl before 30 June 2007.
In October 2007 the outcome of this process will be shown on the website, and a small group of 5 people will be selected to help the chairman.
Existing working groups are:
- the Lesser White-fronted Goose working group contact is Petteri Tolvanen (F), email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.piskulka.net
- the Greylag Goose (Anser anser) working group contact is Leif Nilsson (SE) e-mail: Leif.Nilsson@zooekol.lu.se
- the Bean Goose Complex working group contacts are Konstantin Litvin (RU), e-mail: email@example.com and Thomas Heinicke(D), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- the Age Ratio Assessment working group contact is Kees Koffijberg (NL), e-mail: email@example.com
- the Red-breasted Goose working group contact is Lavinia Raducescu (RO), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- the Bar-headed Goose working group contact is Prakash Gole (IN), e-mail: email@example.com.
- the Greenland White-fronted Goose Working Group contact person is Alyn Walsh (IRL), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.